Health Care

In case of acute illness, please go to the medical supply point (MediCare) of your facility.

There, you will always find a doctor during the day. If it is not possible to treat your condition in the LAE, this doctor may prescribe further treatment with another doctor. For that, he issues a letter of referral (Überweisungsschein).
In case of non-acute diseases, you always need a treatment certificate (Behandlungsschein). You must apply for this certificate and pick it up at the social welfare office before the doctor’s visit.

If certain experiences depress you, if you sleep badly or if your body reacts unaccostumedly, you might suffer a trauma. Support (as far as existing in the LAE is provided by the Psychosocial Office (Psychosozialer Dienst) and the Psychosocial Centers (Psychosoziale Zentren) of the Federal State in Halle and Magdeburg. If necessary, make an appointment there.

If you need support regarding HIV (or other sexually transmitted diseases), please contact the HIV-supports (AIDS-Hilfen) in Halberstadt, Halle or Magdeburg. These will advise you anonymously and will name specific contact points.